We continue our journey into unlocking the mysteries of grounding by accepting the role of our mind in living a conscious life. In order to do that we have to make sure our mind is vibrant and healthy. So let’s take a look at the Throat Chakra, keeping in mind that visualization is a powerful tool that we can use for self-healing and therefor self-acceptance.
The throat chakra connects the mind and the heart with the soul. It represents truth based on belief and faith. It directs us towards our meaning and purpose. It is associated with our will power and our ability to control our thoughts and actions.
The throat chakra helps us express ourselves peacefully and truthfully so that we can commit some of our energy to others. We become vessels through which we can collectively create the life we want to live, not just for ourselves, but for the greater good. When we communicate with others we do so with honour and integrity. We become intuitive and empathic. We are able to see the consequences of our words and actions on ourselves and then on others. Once connected to the source, we have access to wisdom and words of knowledge. If we follow our intuitive powers and grow in energy and knowledge, we will ultimately live a life of joy.
Blue symbolizes meaningful decision making originating from a deep understanding of one’s self. This chakra provides energy that helps with relaxation and meditation. Associated with the thyroid and the parathyroid glands, this chakra aids in regulating metabolism. Psychologically, the weakened chakra may indicate problems recognizing the truth and difficulty coordinating our physical and spiritual lives.
I suggest you spend a few minutes each day doing the following:
• Enter a contemplative state of relaxation.
• Try to visualize the Throat chakra. It should have a deep blue color full of vibrating intensity. It should have a compact round shape, and be located in the throat. It should have a slow and steady spin; too slow may signify difficulty in having the will to do what your soul or body want you to do, and too fast may signify having anxiety caused by having too broad a vision and trying to do too many things within the time space you have available.
• Try to note its general state of well-being. If all is well, spend a few minutes thanking your mind for the ability to make good decisions and the will to live by them.
• If the chakra lacks color, as you breathe in try to visualize the blue color of the energy coming from nature and entering your body with your breathing. For example you can look at the blue sky and visualize all the nitrogen and oxygen molecules being activated by the infinite power of the sun thus creating the blue hue of the sky. Let this energy enter into your body through your eyes. Focus it on the chakra until the blue color is restored.
• If your chakra lacks intensity, or is out of position or shape, or has a slow or rapid spin, you can visualize your spiritual hands (which are an extension of your heart) sending love for your mind thus reshaping and restoring it.
• If the chakra refuses your efforts, you can call upon your Higher Self to reveal the cause of the disturbance. It may be some physical problem with the glands and hormones, especially the pineal gland which is associated with sleep and dreams and creative and existential thought, and the thyroid and parathyroid which affect your immune system. There may also be psychological problems with empowered thinking, will power, or coordinating the desires of your mind with the wishes of your soul.
• You can then call upon your Higher Self to heal the mind and restore the chakra. The Higher Self may either immediately heal through visualization of life energy flowing into the damaged area of the body or the brain, or it may set out a cognitive path through your mind for self-healing.
• The following day, check the chakra again to see if it is restored. If not, repeat the process. If you still have difficulty restoring the chakra, you may need to seek medical help or some form of psychological therapy to set priorities and establish sound healthy life patterns. You may need to make a major life change involving your career or life focus.