This week during meditation, we will practice accepting and celebrating our amazing bodies. We have a tendency of being critical of how we look, often resenting our bodies. This is especially true of age spots and weight problems. For some of us it may even be coming to terms with our physical disabilities. Our attitudes not only affect our mental well-being, but they actually interfere with our ability to look and feel our best. The key is to accept our body and love it just the way it is while focusing on making changes to live better and healthier lives. If we maintain a positive view towards our bodies, that will free our Higher Self to get to work on restoring health and well-being.
I suggest the following:
• For the first five minutes, continue to make sure you are in a state of complete relaxation and grounded to Mother Earth.
• As you meditate for the next ten minutes each day, try to focus your full attention on the Earth energy entering a different part of your amazing body, thanking it for the amazing job it does in helping you survive and thrive. Each day at the end of the meditation slowly come down again and allow your heart to say, “I love you” to each part of your amazing body.
• On day 1 start with your feet. As you focus your attention on your feet, try to create a space inside each foot. Visualize the Earth energy entering into this space thus expanding it. You may notice an increase in your strength and balance as your feet carry your full weight. You may wish to sway in the pendulum motion that we introduced in week one. As you coordinate your breathing with the pendulum motion send your appreciation energy into your feet for carrying your body so well and for its role of connecting your life energy with the life energy of the Earth.
• On day 2 feel the Earth energy move up your legs and into your knees and repeat the process. Try to create that space within your knees and feel the expansion as energy flows from the Earth and into your knees. The knees contain internal and external receptors that help you maintain your balance. You may wish to do a few deep knee bends or yoga activities and note how your knees shift to keep your balance and support your weight.
• On day 3 feel the energy come up through your legs and into the pelvic space between your hips. This is your core. It is the center of your physical strength. Feel the Earth energy flow into that space and expand and combine and enhance your core power. Let your upper torso settle on your hips and enjoy the stability and balance it provides for your body.
• On day 4 feel the Earth energy flow through your body and into your gut. The gut is controlled by the vagus nerve which is your inner nerve center. It interacts with the brain to oversee every organ in your body. The gut is your physical life force. Allow the energy from the Earth and the physical energy from your core to flow into the space occupied by your gut. Feel it expand into every organ and cleanse and heal your body systems.
• On day 5 move up to the chest which contains the heart and lungs. This is the center of your relationship to the life energy from plants and trees that comes to you in the form of oxygen and other life energy forces. Try to feel this life energy flow into your lungs and expand with each breath you inhale, and then feel it flow into the rest your body with each exhale. Then focus on the beating of your heart. Try to pick up the rhythm as you breathe in and out. You may wish to fold your hands over that space occupied by your heart. This is your source of love energy. Visualize and feel the heart’s power combining with the Earth energy and your physical life force and then let it flow with each heartbeat into all parts of your body.
• On day 6 create a space in the palm of your hands. Your hands are an extension of your heart. Let the Earth energy flow in from your heart and then out again to your environment. Stop to touch a soft flower, the bark of an old tree or even the fur of your pet dog or cat. Notice your sensory reaction as the energy flows through your body and out your hands. Notice the affect you have as your energy flows into these living things.
• On day 7 let the energy flow from your heart and through your neck and into your brain. You may wish to put your fingers on your jugular and feel this energy flow into and combine with the energy from your mind. Now create a space between your eyes and allow all your energies to flow into this space and expand. Let this energy flow into the old brain and then into the mid brain and then through the thalamus and into the cerebral cortex. Feel this energy cleaning out all the excess negative energy from the anxieties due to stress. Then let it flow into the frontal cortex and soothe and clean your mind.
Day one – Feet Meditation