Orange: The Sacral Chakra
Today we will focus on the second body-mind chakra. This chakra is often referred to as our passion chakra. It is located 2-3 inches below the navel. Its function is to balance the body with the mind. It is centered close to the inner physical workings of our sexuality – the womb, the ovaries, and the prostrate gland, It is also related to the physical and mental gut. This chakra is essential in balancing relationships. Through this chakra we are able to operate as individuals and explore the power of choice. We set boundaries. It is our ability to fight and protect ourselves. We can take risks and recover from loss. Through positive and negative relationships we become more conscious giving us the power to navigate through the duality of energy, the yin and the yang. It is where we begin to become aware that we attract what flows through our mind. This chakra will guide us away from the negative and towards the positive.
Orange is a symbol of warmth. A weak or dull orange is associated with physical problems with the reproductive system, the intestines, kidneys, and adrenals. Psychologically, it may reveal lack of passion, sensuality, sexuality, and pleasure.
I suggest the following
• Enter a contemplative state of relaxation, thus relaxing your mind so that your Higher Self can take control of your brain.
• Visualize the sacral chakra. It should have a vibrant orange color full of vibrating intensity and a compact round shape. It should have a strong and steady spin: too fast may signify relationship anxiety and too slow may signify a lack of relationship forming energy.
• If the chakra lacks color, as you breathe in, you can visualize the color of something orange in nature entering your body through your breathing. You will be creating a high energy imprint in the visual processing center of your brain. If you are unable to access nature, you can use your powers of creative imagination which will create the same effect from memory but it will lack the intense energy of a real-life experience. Focus this energy on the chakra until the color is restored.
• If the chakra refuses your efforts, you can call upon your body to reveal to your Higher Self the nature of the impairment. You may have physical problems with the sexual organs or the organs of the lower abdomen, or you may have mental problems with loss of passion for living or your passionate connection with someone you love. Once again, ask the body for clarification.
• If it is a physical problem, you can visualize the Higher Self healing the body through life energy flowing into the damaged area. If it is a psychological problem ask the Higher Self for a cognitive path through your mind for self-healing.
• The following day, check the chakra again to see if it is restored. If not, repeat the process.
• You can practice this strategy for a week and record your thoughts. If the chakras still refuse to be restored, it may be a call for help. You may need medical attention or some form of psychological therapy.