“To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
This week we will continue to build our powers of belief. We leave the pains of the past and begin to build a life that we will truly love to live. To reach true self-actualization requires belief. We practice believing in our Self, the beauty of our bodies, the power of our minds, the capacity to love and be loved from our hearts, and the spiritual energy of our souls.
Activity 2 – My Beautiful Self
We now begin to use the powers of belief to create a life that we will truly love to live. We can start by believing just how beautiful and powerful we already are. We are not a haphazard occurrence in a chaotic universe; we are creatures of design reflecting the organization and adherence to the laws of an intricately designed universe. After meditation, while we are still in touch with our Higher Self, we will spend a few minutes each day believing in the power and beauty of our whole selves: body, mind, heart, and soul. This exercise will help us build the self-esteem we need to create the life we would truly love to live. On week one we will focus on our amazing bodies.
Because self-esteem is a core belief in staying grounded, we will continue this process for the full five weeks. In fact, if we continue this activity for a whole year, we might be surprised at just how many things there are to like about ourselves. At the end of the fifth week, we will look over our list, write a summary, and check to see if there has been a paradigm shift.
I suggest the following
- On day 1, we will list ten things we like about bodies. We will visualize these natural physical gifts until we really love and appreciate them before we write them down.
- We will post this list in a place we can see early in the morning and before going to bed at night.
- Each day, we will read the list slowly and with feeling, truly appreciating each thing about our bodies. Then we will add one more thing that we love (yes love) about ourselves and keep this as a focal point for the day.
- On week two each day we record something we like about our mind.
- On week three we will record something we like about our soul.